Dermal fillers are small injections of gel, typically made up of hyaluronic acid, that fill in wrinkles and add volume to soft tissue. You can have dermal fillers in different parts of your face: around the eye, cheeks, mouth and jawline, as well as lip fillers administered directly into the lip tissue. Dermal fillers generally last from 8 to 12 months as they are reabsorbed by your body however, this is subjective and different with every patient.
1. If you have a special event or holiday coming up, please keep in mind that you may want to schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
2. You should not schedule any invasive procedures for 2 weeks before or after treatment .These include but are not limited to:
o Dental cleaning or dental work o Lesion excision or biopsy
o Surgery of any kind
o Internal device placement
o Tattoo or permanent makeup
3. History of surgical face lift of any kind will lead to denial of treatment of dermal fillers to the midface or cheek region.
4. It is recommended to discontinue the use of Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising or bleeding. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any medications.
5. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
6. If you have a history of cold sores with outbreaks occurring more than 4 times a year, it is recommended that you are pretreated with medication prior to the injection treatments around or near the oral area. The medication will need to be initiated 3 days prior to your treatment visit. Please consult with your primary care physician in obtaining the medication.
7. If you develop a cold/flu, cold sore, blemish, or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, we recommend that you please reschedule your appointment until it resolves.
8. It is recommended that you wait at least 2 weeks to have dermal filler treatments performed if you have previously had cosmetic treatments with laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro- dermabrasion.
To have best results for derma filler lip is advised to fill lips not earlier then 2 or 4 weeks after treatment.
Following the post-treatment recommendations is as important as preparing for the procedure. By using post-treatment instruction you will avoid possible complications and obtain the maximum effect of hyaluronic acid.
1. Do NOT, touch, press, rub, or manipulate the implanted areas. This can cause irritation, sores or possible scarring.
2. Avoid vigorous exercise 3 days after treatment.
3. After the treatment with hyaluronic acid it is very important to avoid fluctuations in the ambient temperature, especially during the first 48 hours to 2 weeks after the treatment. Do not use the sauna, steam baths, solarium or cold chambers (cryochamber). Avoid submerging head under water for a full 24 hours after treatment. Do not to stay longer in the temperature below 0 degrees Celsius and sunbathe especially during the first 48 hours to 2 weeks after the treatment.
4. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods and cigarettes 24-48 hours after your treatment.
5. Avoid cosmetic treatments such as laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion for 2 weeks after treatment.
6. Do not wear makeup or lipstick until the day after treatment. Earlier use may cause pustules. If you must wear makeup, we recommend a good quality mineral makeup for the face or Aquaphor ointment for the lips.
7. Immediately after the procedure, keep the injection sites particularly clean (do not touch).
8. Avoid excessive facial expressions for 48 hours after the treatment with hyaluronic acid.
9. After the procedure of lip augmentation or modeling with a filler based on hyaluronic acid, Do not drink very hot drinks and avoid kissing for the first 24 hours.
10. Use Arnica Gel - gently cools, soothes and soothes. In addition, arnica accelerates the healing of micro-injuries and the absorption of bruises.
11. Please remember one side may heal faster than the other side.
In case of any doubts or side effects after the procedure based on hyaluronic acid, you should immediately contact the person who performed the procedure.